Friday to-do list
Five whole days ago you were thinking, “Aw man, I don’t want to go to work and stuff.”
Then you were listening to the news on your way to work and thinking, “Aw man, it sucks that people can’t find a job and stuff.”
At some point in the middle you did all the things. You have achieved Friday, unless you work in the service industry. So tip those folks well while you’re tipping back your drinky drinks.
Me? I’ll be at the usual, Twain’s, watching Georgia and LSU fight like dogs and cats. Afterward, I figured I’d attend Decatur’s belated “Happy Birthday to America” celebration. But unlike your lame Aunt Edna who tried to make amends by getting you a stupid sweater, Decatur intends to drop some money on fireworks. Concert on the Square is at 7 p.m., fireworks at 9:15ish
Take that, Edna. You’re welcome, America.
Also, there are some other things to do and items worth mentioning. Without further ado …
– Our friends at Decatur Metro are reporting that Kroger is planning a big expansion of its DeKalb Industrial location.
– There’s also a free movie Friday night on the Decatur Square. DeKalb Medical is sponsoring the event, which festivities starting at 5:30 p.m. The movie is “Epic” and it starts when it gets dark. UPDATE: Whoops, make that NEXT Friday, Oct. 4. Plan accordingly
– SkaterAid, an annual skateboard/art party, will be held Sunday.
– Also, the Decatur High football team opens region play tonight against Cedar Grove. The Bulldogs have won their first five games, giving them their best start in years. Kick off is at 7:30 p.m. at the Decatur Stadium. I saw them absolutely demolish Clarkston last weekend, 42-10.
– When you’re done doing all the things this weekend, you can attend the Decatur Business Association golf tournament on Monday.
Ralph Ellis contributed to this post.