GDOT: Avoid I-285 this weekend
The Georgia Department of Transportation says you should avoid I-285 this weekend.
“Several projects at multiple locations are likely to result in considerable congestion and possible lengthy delays,” the Transportation Department says.
Here is what GDOT is doing on I-285:
- Concrete slab replacement on westside I-285 and a separate project constructing a new interchange with South Atlanta Road will require a 9 p.m., Friday, to 5 a.m., Monday, continuous closure of two northbound outside (right) lanes between South Atlanta and Paces Ferry roads.
– Two southbound I-285 outside lanes between Washington Road and Old National Highway will be closed from 9 p.m., Friday, until 5 p.m., Saturday, for bridge joint repairs.
– On eastside I-285, three southbound left lanes in the vicinity of Flat Shoals Road will be closed from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, for paving repairs.
– Work on I-285 Top End sign structures will close two inside (left) northbound lanes and one inside southbound lane between Interstate 75 and Northside Drive continuously (9 p.m., Friday, until 5 a.m., Monday); and
- On eastside I-285, three southbound left lanes in the vicinity of Flat Shoals Road will be closed from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, for paving repairs.
There will also be work on I-75 in Fulton County. GDOT says two northbound inside left lanes between Howell Mill and Moore’s Mill roads will be closed from 9 pm Friday until 5 am Monday so crews can do some drainage work and sign installation. There will be one inside southbound lane in the same corridor that will be closed for the sign project.