GDOT – Stay off I-285 this weekend
The Georgia Department of Transportation says that you should not use I-285 this weekend.
“The Georgia Department of Transportation will take advantage of a hot, dry weather forecast to continue a trio of projects likely to test the patience of I-285 weekend motorists and the air conditioning of their vehicles,” the announcement from GDOT says. “Accordingly, Georgia DOT is asking the public to avoid travel on The Perimeter if possible.”
– Replacing a concrete slab on the west side of I-285. That will require closing two northbound, inner loop lanes between South Cobb Drive and Paces Ferry Road from 9 pm Friday to 5 am Monday.
– Repairing bridge joints will require closing two northbound inner loop lanes from Washington Road to Old National Highway, starting at 9 pm Friday until 5 pm Saturday.
– Work on a sign structure will require closing two inner loop lanes and one outer loop lane between I-75 and Northside Drive from 9 pm Friday until 5 am Monday.
There’s also a couple of non-I-285 projects on the to-do list as well:
– Crews will close two northbound lanes of I-75 between Howell Mill and Moore’s Mill Roads from 9 pm Friday until 5 am Monday. There will also be one southbound and one northbound lane closed between the Brookwood Interchange and Deering Road from 9 pm Friday until noon on Saturday. That section of roadway will close again starting 5 pm Sunday until 5 am Monday.
– There will be “periodic traffic pacing” on I-75 northbound between Mt. Paran Road and Cumberland Boulevard, from 9 pm Friday until mid-morning Saturday.