GDOT – Avoid non-essential travel on I-20 west, I-285 east
The weekend is here again and so are the crews performing roadwork on Metro Atlanta highways.
“Motorists again are asked to avoid non-essential travel on the west side on I-20 and the east side on I-285,” the advisory from the Georgia Department of Transportation says. “Projects there will require lane closures, which, in turn, are likely to result in delays.”
According to GDOT, here’s what’s coming up this weekend…
– Bridge joint repairs will require one eastbound lane closure on I-20 between Fulton Industrial Boulevard and the I-285 interchange, continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 6 pm, Sunday;
– Also, bridge joint repairs will require three westbound lane closures on I-20 between the I-75/85 interchange to Lee Street, continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– Two lane closures on I-20 eastbound for bridge repairs at the Old Oxford Road Bridge between Almond Road and SR 12/US 278, continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– Additionally, bridge joint repairs will require two eastbound lane closures on I-285 at the I-75 interchange at Rottenwood Creek in Cobb County, from 12 pm until 4 pm, Saturday;
– Sign structure work on the southwest side of I-285 will require two northbound lane closures between the I-85 interchange and Washington Road, continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– Sign structure work will also require three northbound lanes on I-285 from the I-20 interchange to Georgia (State Route) 400, continuously from 7 pm, Friday until 5 am, Monday; and finally
– On Georgia (State Route) 400 one northbound lane and one southbound lane will be closed between Sidney Marcus Boulevard and Wieuca Road from 7 am, Friday, until 7 pm, Sunday, for fiber optic cable installation.