GDOT: Work on southwest I-285 will cause delays
The Georgia Department of Transportation is warning travelers to avoid the southwest side of I-285 this weekend.
“Projects there will require lane closures, which, in turn, are likely to result in delays,” the advisory from GDOT says.
There will also be a lane closure on Memorial Drive this Saturday.
Here’s the full project list from GDOT:
– Sign structure work on the southwest side of I-285 will require two northbound and southbound lanes to close between SR/139 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive and the I-20 interchange, continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– Additionally, two northbound lanes on I-285 will close between Washington Road and Camp Creek Parkway continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday, for concrete rehabilitation;
– Bridge joint repairs on I-20 will require three westbound lanes and a shoulder to close between the I-75/85 interchange to Langhorn Street continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– Bridge joint repairs will also require two eastbound lane closures on I-20 between Fulton Industrial Boulevard and the I-285 interchange, continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– Two eastbound lane closures on I-20 for bridge repairs at the Old Oxford Road Bridge between Almon Road and SR 12/US 278, continuously from 9 pm, Friday, until 5 am, Monday;
– On Georgia (State Route) 400, one northbound lane and one southbound lane will close between Sidney Marcus Boulevard and the Mountain Way underpass from 7 am, Saturday, until 7 pm, Sunday, for fiber optic cable installation;
– Additionally, on Georgia (State Route) 400 one southbound lane at Lenox Road and the exit ramp to Lenox Road will close down to one lane from 12 pm, until 4 pm, Saturday, to install a pole;
– Pipeline construction will require one lane closure at SR 237/Piedmont Road and Habersham Road from 8 am, until 5 pm, Saturday and again from 9 am, until 4 pm, on Monday; and finally
– On SR 154/ Memorial Drive, one lane will close between the Moreland Avenue and Wilkinson Drive intersections from 9 am, until 3 pm, Saturday.