Forum update: Details released for Decatur Heights candidate forum
The Decatur Heights Neighborhood Association on Oct. 6 released details about an upcoming candidate forum for the Nov. 3 elections.
Associate Editor Dena Mellick, who is a member of the association, attended the Oct. 6 DHNA meeting and sent over the following information.
The forum will be for both the City Commission and School Board candidates and will be held Oct. 25 from 3 to 5 p.m. in the sanctuary of The Church at Decatur Heights. The church is located at 735 Sycamore Dr., Decatur, GA.
It’s one of several forums taking place this month in both Decatur and Avondale Estates.
The other Decatur forums are:
– Downtown Decatur Neighbors Forum, Monday, Oct. 12 at 6:30 p.m. at the Decatur Library Auditorium, 215 Sycamore Street, Decatur, GA 30030
– Winnona Park Neighborhood Forum, Tuesday, Oct. 20, at 7 p.m. at Winnona Park Elementary School, 510 Avery St, Decatur, GA 30030
– Oakhurst Presbyterian Forum, Sunday, Oct. 18, from 4 to 6 p.m. at Oakhurst Presbyterian, located at 118 Second Ave NE, Decatur, GA 30030
Avondale Estates will hold two forums, including one this evening, Oct. 7.
– The city will host a forum on Tuesday, Oct. 13, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Avondale Estates City Hall, located at 21 North Avondale Plaza, Avondale Estates.
– A group called “Second Century Avondale” will also be hosting a candidate forum on Wednesday, Oct. 7, at 7 p.m. at the Avondale Estates Community Club, located at 59 Lakeshore Dr, Avondale Estates.
In addition, this weekend Decaturish.com will be posting questionnaires sent to all of the candidates running for local office in both cities.
Early voting will be held at 4380 Memorial Drive, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 12 through Oct. 30.
People who wish to vote will need to bring one of the following forms of identification, according to the Georgia Secretary of State’s office:
– Any valid state or federal government issued photo ID, including a free ID Card issued by your county registrar’s office or the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS)
– A Georgia Driver’s License, even if expired
– Valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. Government, Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority or other entity of this state
– Valid U.S. passport ID
– Valid U.S. military photo ID
– Valid tribal photo ID
Please vote in the Nov. 3 elections.
Editor’s note: Thanks to the support of Decaturish.com subscribers, we are able to provide coverage of all of the upcoming forums related to municipal elections in Decatur in Avondale Estates. Subscribers, who pay $6 a month, help keep our community informed and keep the new free for everyone. Subscribers are also eligible for exclusive deals from our advertisers. If you value what we do, please consider subscribing.