GDOT: Halloween weekend construction and lane closures
This story has been updated.
The Georgia Department of Transportation is alerting drivers that there will be no letup on interstate construction over the Halloween weekend.
GDOT says construction on the I-75 Express Lanes project and I-285 will require lane closures, causing delays.
It’s warning drivers to give themselves enough time to get to their destinations and for trick-or-treaters to look closely before crossing the road near a work zone.
Here’s the full list of weekend work:
· The Express Lanes project will require a detour of the I-75 Southbound to Cobb Parkway ramp at the I-75/I-285 interchange. I-75 Southbound traffic traveling to Cobb Parkway will be directed to take the ramp to I-285 Westbound and travel westbound to Paces Ferry Road. Traffic will then be directed to make a left on Paces Ferry Road followed by another left to enter I-285 Eastbound via the ramp from Paces Ferry. Traffic will then continue eastbound and exit onto Cobb Parkway via the I-285 Eastbound exit ramp. The detour will be start at 9 p.m., Sunday and end at 5 a.m., Monday;
· Another detour for the Express Lanes project will require traffic traveling I-575 Northbound to exit the interstate at Towne Lake Parkway (Exit 8), and resume travel on the interstate via the I-575 Northbound entrance ramp from Towne Lake Parkway. The detour and lane closure will be start at 9 p.m., Friday and end at 5 a.m., Saturday;
· One northbound and one southbound lane will close on I-75 between Chastain Road and Wade Green Road nightly from 9 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Monday;
· Two lanes will close on I-75 southbound at Barrett Parkway from 9 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Saturday;
· Lastly, the Express Lanes project will require two lane closures on I-75 southbound between SR 120/South Marietta Parkway and Delk Road nightly from 9 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Sunday;
· Work on the South Metro Express Lanes will require one right lane closure on I-75 southbound between SR 138/Stockbridge Highway and SR 155/ McDonough Road from 9 p.m., Friday until 7 a.m., Saturday;
· On I-75 northbound, the South Metro Express Lanes project will also require two lane closures between SR 138/Stockbridge Highway and SR 155/ McDonough Road from 9 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Monday;
· On I-85, crews will stripe the northbound and southbound on and off ramps between Cleveland Avenue and the I-285 interchange nightly from 9 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Monday. No ramps will close at any time;
· One eastbound and one westbound lane will close on I-285 between Old National Highway and the I-85 interchange from 9 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Monday;
· On I-20, two westbound lanes will close between SR 280/ H.E. Holmes and SR 139/Martin Luther King Jr. Drive and two eastbound lanes will close between the I-285 interchange and SR 139/Martin Luther King Jr. Drive from 9 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m. Monday;
· Lastly on I-20, one eastbound lanes will close between Almon Road and SR 12/U.S. 278 continuously from 9 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Monday;
· On I-285, a rolling closure will require two northbound lanes to close between SR 6/ Camp Creek Parkway and SR 154/SR 166/ Campbellton Road/ Langford Parkway and two southbound lanes will close between the I-85 interchange and SR 280/South Cobb Drive from 9 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Monday;
· A traffic pace will require all northbound and southbound lanes to close on I-285 at SR 155/Flat Shoals Road from 8 a.m., until 12 p.m., Sunday for utility work;
· On the southwest side of I-285, one lane will close on the eastbound collector-distributer lane to I-75 southbound from 9 a.m., until 3 p.m., Saturday for guardrail repairs;
· Contractors will be in close proximity to SR 9/US 19/ Peachtree Road between Peachtree Memorial Drive and East Wesley Road from 9 a.m., until 4 p.m., Saturday and Sunday. The work will not require any lane closures;
· Two lanes will close at SR 3/US 41/ Northside Parkway at West Paces Ferry Road from 8 a.m., until 5 p.m., Saturday and Sunday for utility work;
· One lane will close at the intersection of SR 237/Piedmont Road and Habersham Road from 8 a.m., until 8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday;
· On SR 155/ Candler Road, one lane will close between McAfee Road and Memorial Drive from 8 a.m., until 5 p.m., Saturday for striping;
· On SR 166/Campbellton Road/Langford Parkway, one eastbound lane and one westbound lane will close between Barge Road to Sylvan Road nightly from 9 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Monday and finally;
· One lane will close on SR 279/Old National Highway from the Fayette County line to SR 14/ US 29/ Roosevelt Highway from 9 p.m., Sunday until 5 a.m., Monday for resurfacing.
GDOT is also advising drivers to be aware of these events that will cause traffic over the weekend:
Georgia World Congress Center: Walker Street Con Halloween Event (Estimated Attendance: 16,000)
Friday, October 30, 2:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Saturday, October 31, 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Sunday, November 1, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Philips Arena: Hawks vs. Hornets (Estimated Attendance: 15,000)
Friday, October 30, 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Georgia Dome: Atlanta Super Regional Marching Bands Championships (Estimated Attendance: 20,000)
Saturday, October 31, 3:30 PM – 6:30 PM
Falcons vs. Buccaneers
Sunday, November 1, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
7 Falcon Drive, Peachtree City GA: The Great Georgia Air Show
Saturday, October 31 – Sunday, November 1