I-75 express lane projects will require lane closure this weekend
The Georgia Department of Transportation says that construction related to the I-75 express lanes and state routes will require lane closures this weekend.
Proceed with caution.
Here is the list of projects on the to-do list for this weekend:
– One lane and the off-ramps will close on I-75 southbound at SR 120 Loop/ North Marietta Parkway from 9 p.m., Friday, until 12 p.m., Saturday for work on the Express Lanes Project;
– The Express Lanes project will also require a traffic detour at the Canton Road Connector and I-75 southbound. Traffic accessing I-75 southbound will be rerouted to take the I-75 northbound ramp to travel to Barrett Parkway. Traffic will be directed to turn left on Barrett Parkway and left again to access I-75 southbound. The traffic detour will start Friday, October 2 and will end Friday, October 9nightly from 9 p.m., until 5 a.m.
– On I-75, one northbound lane will close between SR 120 Loop/South Marietta Parkway and SR 5/SR 5 Spur/ Canton Road Connector from 6:30 a.m., until 3:30 p.m., Saturday;
– Two lanes will close on I-75 southbound between SR 138 and the I-675 interchange from 9 p.m.,Sunday until 5 a.m., Monday;
– Part of the exit ramp and gore will close on I-75 northbound at he exit of Spring Street from 9 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Monday to replace a crash attenuator;
– One northbound and one southbound lane will close on Georgia (State Route) 400 between Sidney Marcus Boulevard and Lenox Road from 8 a.m., until 5 p.m., Saturday;
– On I-85, crews will stripe the northbound and southbound on and off ramps between SR 139/ Riverdale Road and Cleveland Avenue nightly from 9 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Monday. No ramps will close at any time;
– Two eastbound and two westbound lanes and the on and off ramps will on close on I-20 at Lee Road from 9 p.m., Friday until 12 p.m., Sunday;
– On 1-20, two eastbound lanes will close between SR 280/ H.E. Holmes and SR 139/ Martin Luther King Jr. Drive and two westbound lanes will close between Langhorn Street and SR 139/ Martin Luther King Jr. Drive from 12 a.m., until 4 p.m., Saturday and from 12 a.m., until 12 p.m., Sunday;
– Lastly on I-20, two eastbound lanes will close between Almon Road and SR 12/US 278 continuously from 9 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Monday;
– On I-285, a rolling closure will require two southbound lanes to close between SR 6/ Camp Creek Parkway and SR 8/ US 278/ Hollowell Parkway from 9 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Monday;
– Sign structure work will require two westbound lanes and one eastbound lane closures on I-285 between the I-85 interchange and SR 14 SPUR/ SR 279/ Old National Highway from 9 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Monday;
– The intersection at SR 3/US 41/Northside Drive and Collier Road will close for waterline installation. Traffic will be detoured around the intersection from 9 p.m.,Friday until 5 a.m., Monday
– Resurfacing work will require one lane closure on SR 138 between SR 54/ Jonesboro Road and Government Circle and one lane closure on SR 54/ Jonesboro Road between Citizens Parkway and Oxford Drive from 9 p.m., Saturday until 6 a.m., Sunday;
– On SR 166/Campbellton Road/Langford Parkway, one eastbound lane and one westbound lane will close between Barge Road to Sylvan Road nightly from 9 p.m.,Friday until 5 a.m., Monday;
– One lane will close on SR 279/Old National Highway from the Fayette County line to SR 14/ US 29/ Roosevelt Highway from 8 p.m., Sunday until 5 a.m., Monday for resurfacing;
– On Candler Road, one northbound and one southbound lane will close between McAfee Road and Daws Avenue from 9:30 a.m., until 3:30 p.m., Friday and from 8 a.m., until 5 p.m., Saturday;
– On SR 9/ North Main Street in Alpharetta, one lane will close between Canton Street and Winthrope Chase Drive nightly from 9 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Monday for paving;
– On SR 154/ Memorial Drive, one lane will close from Moreland Avenue to Wilkinson Drive and one lane will close on SR 154/ Memorial Drive from East Lake Drive to Candler Road both closures are from 9 a.m., until 3 p.m., Saturday;
– Filming on SR 42/ Moreland Avenue/Macon Highway will require intermittent closures between Rex Road and Dease Drive from 9 a.m., until 3 p.m., on Friday and again from 7 p.m., until 12 a.m.,Friday night;
– Filming will also require all lanes to close on SR 13/ Buford Highway between Chamblee Tucker Road and Chamblee Dunwoody Road from 7 p.m., Friday until 7 a.m., Saturday;
– A portion of SR 372/Crabapple Road will close between Itaska Walk to Mayfield Road from 6 p.m., Friday until 9:30 p.m., Saturday for a festival; and finally
– Another festival will require the intersection of SR 9/Alpharetta Highway at Canton Street and Magnolia Street to close from 11 a.m., Sunday until 6 p.m.