GDOT will work on I-75 Express Lanes over the weekend
The Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) said construction on the I-75 Express Lanes and sign structure work will mean lane closures and delays this weekend. Here’s GDOT’s full list of planned work:
• The Express Lanes Project will require a detour from I-75 southbound to SR 3/ US 41/ Cobb Parkway. Traffic traveling I-75 southbound to Cobb Parkway will be directed to take the ramp to I-285 westbound and travel westbound to Paces Ferry Road (Exit 18). Traffic will then be directed to turn left on Paces Ferry Road followed by another left to enter I-285 eastbound via the ramp from Paces Ferry. The detour will take place from 10 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Sunday;
• Alternating lanes will close on I-285 between the I-75 interchange and SR 3/ US 41/Cobb Parkway from 9 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Sunday;
• On I-75, two southbound lanes will close at Barrett Parkway from 10 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Sunday;
• On I-75, one northbound and one southbound lane will close between Chastain Road and Wade Green Road from 9 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Saturday;
• On I-75 southbound, one lane will close on the on-ramp to the Canton Road Connector from 9:30 a.m., until 4 p.m., Saturday;
• A flagging operation will take place on Bells Ferry Road under I-75 from 9:30 a.m., until 4 p.m., Saturday;
• Work on the South Metro Express Lanes will require one northbound lane and shoulder closure on I-675 at SR 138/ Stockbridge Road continuously from 7 p.m., Friday until 5 a.m., Monday;
• Additionally, work on the South Metro Express Lanes will require one lane and shoulder closure on I-75 southbound between Jodeco Road and Jonesboro Road from 7 a.m., until 5 p.m., Saturday and Sunday;
• On I-85, contractors will bore a cable line under the interstate starting on the access roads. The bore will require a traffic pace on the southbound and northbound lanes between SR 155/ Clairmont Road and SR 42/North Druid Hills Road. Law enforcement will stop traffic in 15-minute intervals. The work will take place from 8 a.m., until 12 p.m., Sunday;
• Sign structure work will require two northbound and two southbound lane closures on I-75 between Windy Hill Road and SR 120 Loop/North Marietta Parkway from 9 p.m., Friday until 9 p.m., Saturday;
• Sign structure work will also require two westbound and one eastbound lane closures on I-285 at Bouldercrest Road from 9 p.m., Saturday until 5 a.m., Monday;
• Additionally, sign structure work on I-285 will require two westbound lane closures between SR 139/Riverdale Road and the I-85 interchange from 12 p.m., Saturday until 5 a.m., Monday;
• Lastly, sign structure work on I-285 will require one westbound lane closure at SR 54/Jonesboro Road from 9 a.m., until 12 p.m., Saturday;
• On I-285, one eastbound lane will close at the I-675 interchange from 9 a.m., until 12 p.m., Saturday;
• On I-20, one eastbound lane and the shoulder will close between SR 70/Fulton Industrial Boulevard and the I-285 interchange from 9 p.m., Friday until 7 p.m., Sunday; and finally
• On I-20 two eastbound lanes will close between SR 139/ Martin Luther King Jr. Drive and Joseph E. Lowery Boulevard from 10 p.m., Friday until 7 p.m., Sunday.
Some crowd-drawing weekend events in the metro area could also slow you down:
Hawks vs. Chicago (Estimated Attendance: 15,000)
Saturday, January 9, 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Monster Jam 2016 (Estimated Attendance: 65,000)
Saturday, January 9, 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Georgia World Congress Center
Imaging USA (Estimated Attendance: 10,000)
Sunday, January 10, 5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Drive safely this weekend!