Decatur Social Security Office is relocating
Decatur’s Social Security office is moving.
The office, which is currently located at 2853 Candler Rd, Ste 8, Decatur, GA 30034, will move to 3554 Covington Hwy, Decatur GA 30032.
The move takes place Oct. 24.
“The new location offers new and improved interviewing stations, an expanded reception area, plenty of parking, and easy access to public transportation,” a press release from the Social Security Administration says.
Here is the full press release:
On Monday, October 24, 2016, the Decatur Georgia Social Security office will relocate to 3554 Covington Hwy, Decatur, GA 30032. The new location offers new and improved interviewing stations, an expanded reception area, plenty of parking, and easy access to public transportation.
Persons with questions can contact Social Security’s National Toll-Free service at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) or visit the Decatur office Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM or Wednesday 9:00 AM to Noon.
Most Social Security business can also be handled through Social Security’s website www.socialsecurity.gov. Some of the services available on our website include:
– Apply for Social Security Retirement/Spouse/Disability benefits
– Create a my Social Security account (www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount) to:
- Get a proof of income letter
- Check your benefit and payment information
- Change your address and phone number
- Start or change direct deposit
- Get a replacement Medicare Card
- Get a form 1099
– Apply for extra help with your Medicare prescription drug costs