Report: 74-year-old who died in house fire was using candles to light home following storm

Posted by Dan Whisenhunt September 13, 2017

A 74-year-old man died in a house fire in greater Decatur and his daughter told WSB-TV her father had been using candles as a light source since losing power due to Hurricane Irma.

The fire occurred on the morning of Sept. 13.

The man, identified as Wendell Bailey, died of apparent smoke inhalation, the TV station reported.

The Fire Department has not determined an exact cause of death. Here’s the full story from WSB-TV:

Subscribe to our mailing list to get the latest news from Decaturish!



About Dan Whisenhunt

Dan Whisenhunt is editor and publisher of Decaturish.com. https://www.linkedin.com/in/danwhisenhunt

View all posts by Dan Whisenhunt

Receive the Daily Email DIgest

* = required field